Ataupun emailkan ke firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Inter-civilizational Youth Engagement Program (IYEP) was launched in June 2007. Its principal objectives are:-
1) To initiate and foster closer relationship and rapport among youths from different civilizational backgrounds.
2) To develop a deeper understanding of global challenges and how the young can help in their resolution.
3) To identify and examine universal spiritual and moral values that can contribute towards justice, peace and harmony among the different communities and nations of the planet.
4) To encourage and inspire youths to absorb and assimilate values and attitudes which will enable them to serve as effective bridge-builders between different civilizations, religions and cultures.
5) To create a core group of young, committed women and men who through word and deed will advance the cause of a just and compassionate universal civilization.
The first IYEP held in Kajang, Malaysia in June 2007 had as its theme, 'Building a Universal Civilization of Peace'. It was co-organized by Inter-religious Engagement Project 21 (IEP21), World Council of Muslims for Inter-Faith Relations (WCMIR), International Movement for a Just World (JUST), Muslim Youth Movement of Malaysia (ABIM) and The World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY).
From all accounts it was a resounding success.
The second IYEP which will be held in the De Palma Hotel, Kuala Selangor from 16 to 20 November 2008 has decided on 'Green versus Greed: Youths Reflect on the Environmental Challenge' as its theme. The theme is an attempt to engage youths in one of the greatest challenges facing humanity today.
As with the first IYEP, about 50 youths between the ages of 20 and 25, both female and male, from different countries, cultures and religions, are expected to participate in the second IYEP.
English will be the language of communication.
The co-organizers of IYEP2 are The International Movement for a Just World (JUST), Malaysia; Muslim Youth Movement of Malaysia (ABIM), Malaysia; Pax Christi, Australia; International Progress Organisation, (IPO), Austria; Indian Council of Gandhian Studies, India; and the International Network of Engaged Buddhists (INEB), Thailand.
Please email or post your application including your write up – 250-300 words of your cision for global resolution of environmental matters from the perspective of one or more of the following – United Nations, Religion, Government, Non-governmental organizations/civil society, individual to :
Inter-Civilizational Youth Engagement Program 2008
P.O. Box 288
46730 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Or contact Helen or Hazri:
Tel: 03-79603207 Fax: 03-79603245